It’s not good at all to start my posts with ‘I know it’s been a while since…’ I’ll be honest and say that I hate excuses and always feel so lame when making them, even if they are true. So no excuses this time, just a little catch-up.

I’ve got my second cert in Nutrition and now am a certified Nutritional Therapist. It was an interesting course, exciting even. It covered a lot on epigenetics – how everything in your environment and lifestyle, from food to activity to bad habits to thoughts, affects your cells and actually changes your DNA. It is an amazing branch science and much of it is yet to be discovered. But here’s a quick fact: Did you know that only about 5% of all diseases are actually inherited, while the rest 95% are the product of our own deeds and the environment we live in? Luckily, nutritional therapy teaches how to avoid this dark path in the first place or at least make amends if the harm is already done.

After finishing this course I am now exploring a slightly different course – the world herbal medicine. If food can be our medicine and, most of the time, much better medicine than the drugs are, then why not go deeper into the fascinating nature and see what medicines are available in their natural form, just as they were made to be? Some people believe in pharmaceutics and conventional medicine. While I do like conventional medicine and want to be a part of it, there are a lot of things that they do wrong nowadays in the Western world. They choose synthetic drugs over natural remedies to cure even such things as colds and flus, overloading the body with toxic chemicals. But there is a better way and I am going to explore it. The course takes a lot of time though, the time of which, between the house chores and raising my pre-schooler and actually expecting another baby (Yep, I said I’ve been busy!), I have little. But I will manage I’ve no doubt.

Finally, the new course that I am studying also includes some materials on Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine and I am very intrigued and excited to learn more about them. These are the two traditional health systems that have existed much longer than our modern conventional medicine, and if there’s any country in the world that has some serious wisdom it will be China and India. So yeah, bring it on! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s