This is entirely true. While I love to open me a can of chickpeas, slice some tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado, and have a lazy salad bowl, this curried salad is something else.
And it is easy, too, save for the curry dressing, which is a bit lengthy to prepare, but worth it.
1/2 head Broccoli
1/2 – 2/3 can Chickpeas
1 medium Carrot
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 – 1.5 Tbsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
1 – 1.5 Tsp. quality Curry Powder
Corn Starch (optional)
- In a saucepan on medium-low heat, combine coconut milk, honey and curry powder. Simmer, not letting it boil, for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce should thicken. If it doesn’t, dissolve about 1/2 Tsp. corn starch in a little bit water, and gradually add the mixture to the sauce, stirring all the time. Keep it on simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Wash broccoli and cut the florets in small bite size.
- Add a few Tbsp. of curry sauce on a skillet over medium-low heat and warm broccoli up in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrots and drain the chickpeas.
- Combine carrots, chickpeas and broccoli, dress with the curry sauce and enjoy! 😉
Another easy (and even easier) recipe coming (hopefully!) tomorrow: Thai Green Vegetable Soup.