It looks to me so far that I’m going to turn this occasional blog into an occasional cookbook! Hehe 🙂
I am not the author of the recipe, and even not the author of the picture, but I found this recipe in some Russian fitness blog and wanted to try it, and I did – and loved it! It turned to be a really nice and tasty dish. And more than that, it is rich in protein and not very high in calories, if you watch them. Unfortunately, I can’t provide you with the exact calorie information, but think of it – the highest in calories product here is cheese. It all depends on which one you use and how much you use. And if you eat clean most of the time, some cheese won’t hurt! 🙂 I personally do not count calories anymore, and it feels extremely great! It is important to learn the correct portion sizes for yourself and space the meals evenly throughout the day, so you don’t feel hungry, but don’t overeat, too.
The original recipe didn’t have any sauce to go with the chicken, and I thought it’d be too dry without any dressing, so I modified it, adding Greek yoghurt to it.
So here it goes.
- 3-4 Chicken breast fillets (I had a pack of chicken breast strips, they take less time to cook through and also tend to be less dry)
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 1 cup Plain Greek yoghurt
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or any other cheese you like, the amount is up to you – I never weigh or measure ingredients in the recipes like this)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 C/430 F.
- Put chicken fillets in a bag and beat them with the textured side of a meat mallet to make them thinner and softer. Put them on a baking sheet lined with foil or a parchment and season to taste. Rub them with minced garlic and pour 2/3 Greek yoghurt over it. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and put them on top of the chicken, covering the entire fillets.
- Combine the rest of the yoghurt with shredded cheese and add minced garlic, if you like. Spread the cheesy mixture evenly all over the fillets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Enjoy! 😉